Allround Mechanical Engineer fuel cell systems (HBO)
Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks. The main applications of our fuel cells are Heavy-Duty Transport, Maritime and FCPP: Fuel Cell Power Plants, or large stationary generation of electricity. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments.
Duties and responsibilities
As an allround Mechanical Engineer fuel cell systems you will be working on the development of the new generation of fuel cell systems with Nedstack stacks. Together with your colleagues you will be actively developing these products, with a focus on manufacturability, reliability and cost price.
You are capable of developing mechanical concepts as well as the detailed engineering of systems for various application. You will analyse current systems, suggest improvements and implement these into new products. You have a structured methodology when tackling complex problems regarding design, construction and integration of fuel cell systems.
The scope of your responsibilities contains:
- (Detail)-designing of fuel cell systems for stationary and maritime applications;
- Analysing of system design principles and optimizing on reliability, assembly and maintenance;
- Detailing the design in product documentation (e.g. Instrument listing, production drawings)
- Communication of concepts, modularity and detailed solutions with suppliers;
- Regular meetings with R&D engineers to verify design solutions.
- Mechanical Engineering or similar (BSc/MSc) with at least 5 years relevant multi-disciplinary experience in designing technical installations and constructions;
- Experienced with Solidworks and 2D software for schematics;
- Experienced with setting up and maintaining product documentation in compliance with international standards;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Experience in the maritime or power generation sector is preferred.