Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks and systems. The main applications of our fuel cells are Built Environment, Industrial and Maritime Fuel Cell solutions. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments. In two years’ time Nedstack will be the largest fuel cell factory in Europe, with a production capacity of one gigawatt per year of fuel cell power. At Nedstack we are confident that Hydrogen will be a backbone of the future global energy system. The increasing interest for sustainable solutions will open many opportunities that you don’t want to miss.
Duties and responsibilities
As an Application Engineer you are the technical coordinator in the acquisition, implementation, and realization phases of FC system projects. Together with the project manager you assure the project meets the technical specifications and you technically coordinate all stakeholders such as the customer, suppliers, notified bodies, and the internal sales and engineering department. The Application Engineer has a broad technical knowledge and is willing to visit customer site (worldwide) when needed.
Are you enthusiastic about this and do you want to work on the energy transition in a young team, then we are looking for you!
The scope of the responsibilities contains:
- Supply Technical support of Sales and Sales Support at the tender stage, in order to acquire a technically optimal project.
- Lead the technical integration of FC system(s) and/or configuration of FC System(s) by clearly defining the interfaces between product and customer and explaining our requirements/expectations on each individual interface towards the customer.
- Coordinate definition and implementation of necessary design upgrades agreed in the project with the internal engineering department including but not limited to PI&D’s, electrical diagrams, mechanical drawing, SW specifications, test specifications, datasheets, etc.
- Act as technical lead in the approval of FC system(s) integration in industry (CE) and maritime (LR, DNV-GL amongst other) applications at customers in such a way the required documentation within the responsibility scope of Nedstack does not constrain customers from acquiring approval from a relevant notified body.
- Participating in risk assessments with the customer (HAZIDs amongst other) and providing the argumentation for the severity, probability, and effectiveness of the implemented safeguards.
- Create customer specific documentation.
Job requirements / experience with
- Bachelor/Master in Engineering in a relevant field and additional experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position.
- Pro-active and takes responsibility.
- Experienced with the multiple engineering disciplines associated with FC systems.
- Experience or strong affinity with P&ID design and Process technology.
- You have strong communication skills and analytical abilities.
- Able to participate in safety engineering sessions (FMEA/ Hazop / HazID).
- Open to travel internationally.
A chance to make te world a better and more sustainable place! At Nedstack you work on our sustainable hydrogen solutions in a dynamic and ambitious work environment. You will work with an international team of highly skilled colleagues whom are all passionate about to deliver emission-free energy solutions to the world. The growth of our company offers opportunities for professionals who want to make the difference. We offer a pleasant and informal working atmosphere with attractive terms of employment including a good pension.
When you are interested, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com
and hopefully, we get the chance to meet you soon!
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.