Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks. The main applications of our fuel cells are Heavy-Duty Transport, Maritime and FCPP: Fuel Cell Power Plants, or large stationary generation of electricity. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments. At Nedstack we are confident that Hydrogen will be a backbone of the future global energy system. The increasing interest for sustainable solutions will open up many opportunities that you would not want to miss!
Duties & responsibilities
As Electrical Engineer FC Systems you will work on developing a new generation of fuel cell systems with Nedstack stacks. These systems consists of ‘stack modules’ each having a number of fuel cell stacks and subsystems of the ‘balance-of-plant’ components. You will play an important role especially on the interface on application specific power conversions towards LV and MD grids.
In the dynamics of a multidisciplinary team you are capable of translating the electrical integration of applications in safe and reliable electrical designs. Our fuel cell stacks will make part of several zero-emission applications from idle on land to a ship in the water. If you like working in a young team that work in the energy transition, then we are looking for you!
The scope of responsibilities contains:
- Definition of electrical requirements related to full cell systems and its components;
- Dimensioning and selection of power conversion (DC/AC – DC/DC) components to fit the system portfolio taken requirements regarding insulation coordination, voltage stability amongst others in to account;
- Design and realization of a safe, reliable and feasible basic and/or detailed design;
- Act as technical support regarding electrical interface topics in the acquisition phase of projects;
- Guide external partners in the detailing of design(s);’
- Traceable documentation of design decisions and specifications.
- (BSc/MSc) Electrical engineering, energy engineering or equivalent with at least 3 years of relevant experience in the application of LV/MV power conversion up to 1000 [kW];
- Experience with the design of power electronics on function and reliability;
- Able to organize complex design processes effectively taken all stakeholders into account;
- Pro-active and takes responsibility;
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and suppliers;
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
When you are interested, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com and hopefully, we get the chance to meet you soon.
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.