Fuel Cell Stack Mechanical Engineer
Nedstack fuel cell technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks and systems. The main applications of our fuel cells are Built Environment, Industrial and Maritime Fuel Cell solutions. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments. At Nedstack we are confident that Hydrogen will be a backbone of the future global energy system. The increasing interest for sustainable solutions will open up many opportunities that you would not want to miss!
Duties and responsibilities
As a Stack Mechanical Engineer you will be working on the development of the new generation of fuel cell stacks. Together with your colleagues you will be actively developing these products, with a focus on manufacturability, reliability and cost.
You will analyse current stacks, suggest improvements and implement these into new products. You have a structured methodology when tackling complex problems regarding design, construction and integration. We are looking for a Stack Mechanical Engineer with a hands-on mentality. You play an important role in the development of both the product and the production of our fuel cell stacks. If you feel at home in such a challenging environment, where you can make the difference, than this is your job!
The scope of the responsibilities includes:
- Design of fuel cell stacks on basis of product requirements in close cooperation with suppliers;
- Optimization of stack components for cost, quality and performance;
- Creating and maintaining the technical product documentation for stack-related parts and assemblies;
- Characterization, verification and validation of the design by performing measurements and basic tests on part level;
- Support and coordination of internal and external production activities during the engineering design stages.
Job requirements / experience with
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering projects as a mechanical engineer/designer;
- Experience with product development;
- Experienced in working with Solidworks or similar CAD software. Experience with a PDM system is preferred;
- Good knowledge of possibilities and limitations of common manufacturing technologies. Knowledge of design and manufacturing with plastics is preferred;
- Capable of performing basic design analyses (tolerances, stresses). Experience with FEM is preferred;
- Good command of the English and Dutch language (B2) in writing and speaking
A chance to make the world a better and more sustainable place! At Nedstack you work on our sustainable hydrogen solutions in a dynamic and ambitious work environment. You will work with an international team of highly skilled colleagues whom are all passionate about to deliver emission-free energy solutions to the world. The growth of our company offers opportunities for professionals who want to make the difference. We offer a pleasant and informal working atmosphere with attractive terms of employment including a good pension.
When you are interested, please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and hopefully, we get the chance to meet you soon.
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.