Nedstack fuel cell technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks and systems. The main applications of our fuel cells are Built Environment, Industrial and Maritime Fuel Cell solutions. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments. At Nedstack we are confident that Hydrogen will be a backbone of the future global energy system. The increasing interest for sustainable solutions will open up many opportunities that you don’t want to miss!
Duties and responsibilities
As a MEA Material Engineer you will be part of the fuel cell laboratory team and working on advancing the understanding of the behaviour of key fuel cell materials through analytical means. Together with your colleagues you will ensure reliable and accurate material processing and fuel cell testing, which is the basis to improve the fuel cell solutions for a broad range of applications.
You are capable of evaluating materials based on their chemical and mechanical properties and identify, plan and execute the necessary analytical techniques. You have a structured methodology when tackling complex problems regarding material processing, material characterisation and the implication of individual factors. Your recommendations will be an important factor in material selections and operating strategies.
The scope of your responsibilities contains:
- Mechanical material characterisation
- Chemical material characterisation
- Set up of new analytical techniques
- Independently plan and perform tests
- Evaluate and communicate results with an interdisciplinary team
- Communication with external laboratories and suppliers
- Bachelor/Master Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science degree or similar
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role.
- Highly developed analytical skills and result-oriented approach
- Good laboratory practices and experienced with material science with a focus on polymer science.
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on and proactive mentality
- Fluent in English / Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus
- Experience with data processing and a fundamental understanding of electrochemistry.
A chance to make te world a better and more sustainable place! At Nedstack you work on our sustainable hydrogen solutions in a dynamic and ambitious work environment. You will work with an international team of highly skilled colleagues whom are all passionate about to deliver emission-free energy solutions to the world. The growth of our company offers opportunities for professionals who want to make the difference. We offer a pleasant and informal working atmosphere with attractive terms of employment including a good pension.
When you are interested, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com
and hopefully, we get the chance to meet you soon!
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.