Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology develops and manufactures Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks. The main applications of our fuel cells are Heavy-Duty Transport, Maritime and FCPP: Fuel Cell Power Plants, or large stationary generation of electricity. To deliver emission-free energy solutions worldwide, we work closely together with several system integrators. Due to a growing demand for our solutions, Nedstack is rapidly expanding its organization in several departments.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Sourcing & Cost Engineer (HBO) you will be working on the development of the new generation stacks and fuel cell systems. Together with your colleagues you will be actively developing these products, with a focus on manufacturability, reliability and cost price.
You are capable of developing product concepts optimized for cost, quality and delivery time. You use your costing and technical expertise to analyse products and supply chains for our products. You have a structured methodology when tackling complex problems related to design, construction and integration of fuel cell systems.
The scope of your responsibilities contains:
- Planning and cost control support for current and in-development products and projects
- Work closely together with the development team to optimize the designs for cost, quality and delivery time.
- Benchmarking and analysis of suppliers for parts, sub-modules and services
- Setting up supply agreements with suppliers
- Set-up and maintenance of Costing Standards and Procedures.
- Analysing of system design principles and optimizing on reliability, assembly and maintenance;
- Regular meetings with R&D engineers to verify design solutions.
- Mechanical Engineering or similar (BSc/MSc) with at least 5 years relevant multi-disciplinary experience in Cost Engineering and Supply Chain Management
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Experience in the maritime or power generation sector is preferred.
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.